Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two Tests??

Today in school I attempted to take two tests…both were in my 9th grade class, but still were quite hard given the fact that I didn’t know about either of them and hadn’t studied…both the teachers just surprised me by asking if I wanted to write the test. I didn’t see anything bad about at least trying, so I decided to just attempt them both and do the best I could- anyway it was better than just sitting there! The first test was History, and the subject was the American Revolutionary War-something I should know everything about because I’m American right? Not exactly…the last time I studied the Revolutionary War was when I was in the 5th grade! I think that it went OK though, for not studying and not knowing all of the dates off the top of my head, I think I got a total of half the questions right…Then came Math period, and another test that I had no idea about it. Now, Math is a different situation because I can actually understand all of it. So, the Math test went really good and I got most all of the answers correct. The nice thing about these tests today though was that I didn’t have to submit them for an actual score- they were merely taken for practice!
My host father arrived home the night before last very late from a trip to China, and yesterday evening was when I got to see him! He had a great trip and said that China is an amazing and incredible country. We didn’t have too much time to discuss all of what he did, but I am excited to go home today and see all of the photos! (I’m at school right now…my English teacher asked me to bring my laptop to school to play a DVD for her, and now I’m just typing this in WORD and later I’ll go back and cut & paste since there is no internet access here). Bye for now! I’m going to go check on some friends that are studying intensely in the classroom nextdoor…

No comments: