Friday, August 28, 2009

Swimming!

Today was a pretty exciting day for me at school - see, I started my new schedule today, and (unfortunately yoga is only Monday through Wednesday, so I didn't have it today) I had art for the first time!
My art class is with an eighth grade class- I was a little scared when I found the classroom because all I could hear was screaming kids and things falling over....when I walked in the wildness didn't subside, but there were two girls who immediately approached me and started to talk to me. They told me that their class was crazy (I could see that)! But, by the end of the class I realized that their class was not just crazy, it was a lot of fun! They're all really sweet kids!
Art class here is taught very differently (just like everything else!). The teacher will draw a frame on the chalk board and then sketch something there for us to follow. Today it was a dog, so the teacher drew some circles and squares, and then connected them all in the right shape! It's an interesting way for me to see art taught, but it's definitely going to give me some good practice!
I also met with the Principal this morning, and GUESS WHAT?!!! She said that her and the Correspondent (who owns the school) had talked it over, and that I could go along with the 12th grade on their trip to Kerala at the end of September! It's a two day trip (one night) and we'll be touring the backwaters of Kerala, going to a show in the evening, and then taking a ferry boat to Cochin where our bus will pick us up and take us back! I'm so happy that it worked out- and so excited that I get to see the backwaters! They're so beautiful!
When I got home from school today I had a nutella sandwich and an apple before heading down to the pool to meet a girl named Apurna (who lives in my apartments) to swim! It was my first time, so I was a little bit nervous...but it was fun! The water was REALLY cold though!
Tonight my host mom and I have the house to ourselves because my host father flew to Chennai this morning for the night. We're planning to watch Iron Man on HBO- I suggested that we watch it because all that I've heard about it has been positive....it better be good! I'm staying up late to watch it....

No comments: