Friday, November 6, 2009

Singing (and dancing) in the Rain!

Even though this is only one short event that happened, I wanted to blog about it because of the sheer joy that I felt while dancing and singing in the rain!
I had just come up from the basement after my yoga class with the teacher and the other two women that do the class with me when I looked outside. To my great excitement it was DUMPING rain! I placed my shoes, water bottle and mat on the ground and sprinted out into the downpour- holding my hand up over my head and smiling up toward the dark night sky. I put my headphones from my I-pod into my ears and turned on one of all time favorite songs- Human, by The Killers. As soon as the music started I started to jump around and spin, already completely soaked! My hair was dripping and my white T-shirt and shorts were completely drenched, but I couldn't care less. I laughed and smiled and simply had fun in the water that was being dumped in buckets over my head! The weather was not cold, but it wasn't warm either and so I was shivering when I stepped back under the cover of the clubhouse where the ladies still stood watching me and laughing at me the entire time! But, even though I was cold, the smile stayed on my face even as I ran up the three flights of stairs back up to the apartment!

2 comments:

Mark Knox said...

You've written some very good blogs, but that may have been my favorite as I can see you dancing and jumping around, feel the downpour of the rain and hear that song!

It's weird, but it made me miss you even more! :(

knox.madison said...

I love you Dad! That song and also Hide and Seek always make me think of how much I love you and I'm always smiling and singing along! :)